Issues with Wheel

Attention! – We are not the official support. Here you might only find solutions for known issues.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Re: Issues with Wheel

Post by LCDDOG »

Always allow the game the option to change ffb settings, this will
add the games specific physics and fbb forces to actually beeing
received by your wheel and simply put allows the game to add in
ffb forces the standard logitech or whateveritsmanufacturersnameis
simply does not provide. i also believe thats why a lot of people have
problems the game right now
Aci
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by Aci »

One thing you can try is to change steering sensitivity in profiler.
Default is 50% try 100% or test what is ok for you. Hope it helps :geek:
For DB.png
For DB.png (92.74 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I never noticed this menu. :o

At the moment it looks the same. I try out if i get a more direct stearing by increasing the sensitvity.

Thank you both. I will test after the footballmatch and report.

Edit: just saw Dog also wrote.
LCDDOG wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:31 pm Always allow the game the option to change ffb settings, this will
add the games specific physics and fbb forces to actually beeing
received by your wheel and simply put allows the game to add in
ffb forces the standard logitech or whateveritsmanufacturersnameis
simply does not provide. i also believe thats why a lot of people have
problems the game right now
In The Crew 1 allowing the game to change settings broke the handling (at least in case of the G27). I had that activated when we started playing The Crew until Kalle said "turn that off". From then on i had no problems anymore in TC1. Korulax then wrote me that i should try out turning it on in TC2.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Installing the latest version of the Logitech Gaming Software fixed the issue with the locked stearingangle in the game. But i still don't know why i didn't had that before.

I then tested a couple of settings you proposed. These are the settings i just tried the last. Ingame i had to put the ffb down to around 80%, because on 100% i have this noise again, which you can see in the startingpost. Last night i had intensity of all forces on 100% and dampereffect on 30%, but the wheel was just to heavy (like Weena promissed), so today noon i lowered both as you see in the picture.

But i'm still not happy after all. Cars are driving like boats for me. (I turned off this stupid sliding help and put traction control, esp and abs to around 80%.) The cars are all overstearing without a real chance to catch and/or control them and they are still too unprecise in corners. I even bought the Audi R8 and the Porsche GT3 RS to test a couple of other arguably good performing cars. I see Weena set some pretty good scores with the Porsche, so i thought why not try this one.

But here you see how these two cars behaves when i drive them on tracks with twisty corners.

Harlem West is an example where i get along with the cars at least decent, but also not as good as i want to. Also here i have to go off the gas way too much to get around the corners.

Beside the fact that driving is everything but fun for me at the moment, another thing that annoys me a lot is that i have to grind way to much to get good performanceparts. I have some cars on 280 (mostly useless green parts) and i constantly get lower parts that i don't need, although i'm driving the races on hard. (F U and S T F U BlackPanthaa!) But that's only a sidenotes which doesn't really belong here. I just want to shout it out. :x

Overall i don't get the same feeling for the game as i had in The Crew 1. And that's pretty disappointing.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

no comment

Edit:

found at least some settings with which you can drive without damaging your wheel. It is still shaking while using nitro and stearing, but not that much anymore.

Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

The T500RS wheel has two different sliders for rumble and steering forces.
In your driver, those are combined. I think thats the problem here.

I just can lower rumble effects without lowering steering forces.

Back in the day when The Crew came out. A lot of players had just the same problem. Then the developers came out with this ExtraConfig.xml file you put in your C:\Users\.....\Documents\The Crew directory. So you can set it the way you wont.

Maybe this works in the crew 2 also ?

Here is a link to the discussion back then
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Yeah i know the ExtraConfig and i already requested that yesterday in the PitCrew. This little file helped me a lot back in TC1.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

Maybe add those lines to your config file already there?
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

After finishing my second cruise tonight with Tenchi i did some silly things in the game and used the controller for it. After i turned it off all forces were gone (as usual)...all forces? No!?! :shock:

...weirdly there was still some small ffb left, but the wheel was lighter and the cracking was completely gone. With that "setup" i tested the Ford Focus RS RX in a RX-event and found out that i could drive pretty good with it, although it would have been a little bit better feeling with a little bit more weight in the wheel. It was really fun to drive and drift the car.

I will test that again tomorrow if we meet for another cruise. Maybe this is another workaround we (Aci and me) can use at the moment.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: Issues with Wheel - FFB-Issues (official survey from IT)

Post by Don »

I think it's still more an issue with the Logitech-wheels, but here you have a small survey from the devs adressing this issue:

Force Feedback issues

Feel free to give feedback there.