Forza Horizon 5

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Forza Horizon 5

Post by JustBe »

Just using the basic Forza Horizon 5 via xBox game pass, so its cost me just £1.00 for the first month as a new member.

Should I purchase it outright and is the top version worth it. I must admit that I'm finding quite difficult to understand all the different ways you seem to be able to play it.

Although every review I have seen on youtube has said its a good size map compared to older versions I seem after just 3 hours of play to have driven 25% doing various events.

One thing that seems to be faulty is ANNA, she never loads a map for me to go to an event, but says she is.

The game has also crashed to desktop 3 times, totally randomly.

Any comments :text-feedback:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Re: Forza Horizon 5

Post by LCDDOG »

it has quiet a few bugs, i havent seen any of them.
only problem i had was getting any of my wheels to work.
when that was sorted it took 3 or 4 hours to completely do all the
different races and after that finish all the 3 star stuff and rivals mode
on all races.
still plenty of accolades to get but half way thru those, also keeping up with
the weekly festival list to get the free cars and such.

as a game i like it, but those big ass game studios that keep pushing broken software
towards us and ask 100 euro for it is kinda driving me nuts

i first did all the road, dirt etc races, then switched to speed traps, zones and drift/ danger sign stuff.
story stuff is pretty nice to do too
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Thanks Mr. Dog :text-thankyoublue:

As your the only one to reply perhaps no one else on this forum plays it, thought it was more popular.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

Your welcome,

i know for a fact Don also plays this game a lot
we are in the same team [rmdw]
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

oh and i think it's worth it, i ike the car handling/ tuning model in
this game a lot better then tc2.

it has some quirks in the physichs model but im sure that will get ironed out in the future.

most of the cars you get when you get the full monty you can also get later on.
not much exclusive stuff going on so you tell me if its worth it "to you"
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

One thing i can say for sure is that the game isn't worth the full prize, although i already played it for about 400 hours. If RaceMasterDave would not have gifted me the game on Steam i would have waited for a discounted offer on a foreign xbox-store (turkey, brasil or mexico - usually after a couple of months you can buy there the premium edition for around 30 bucks).

I like the handling and the tuning though. Compared to the fucked up boring "handlingmodel" in TC2 it's really nice to drive and experimenting with the tuning is interesting. I'm currently trying to learn how to the tune the cars. Beside that i like the rivals mode. Thats something i am missing in TC2. That are the only reasons why i'm playing it a lot at the moment. (I'm sort of "burned out" of TC2 and there are no other good racinggame available.)

Other than that there is not much good to say about the game. The map is just a copy of Forza Horizon 3 (maybe resized a little bit, but not much) and the gameplay (events and pr-stunts) are just a 1:1 copy from Forza Horizon 4.

Like Dog i already finished all of the events, did all pr-stunts on 3 stars, all storymode-events on 3 stars, all rivals-runs on every event, found all collectibles and i finished about 80% of the accolates (which are compareable to the hobbies in TC2). And i have all cars already except for two, which where part of the first festival playlist i missed, because i started playing during the 2nd week. And i have around 160 mio. credits, which is for sure enough for the rest of the livecycle of this game.

So that means the progression in this game is very fast and only for casuals. Hardcore-TC2-players get bored very quick here, because you don't have to earn anything. If you don't duck down fast enough you get thrown cars and money on your head every minute. You win a race you get a wheelspin and a car or money. You lose a race you get a wheelspin and a car or money. (I got around 570 cars in the garage and i bought only 70 of them.)

The premium-edition contains just the two expansions (which are unknown yet) two carpacks and the car pass. You also get 2 or 3 of the 7 houses for free, but the houses are more or less worthless. Just one house is interesting, because it unlocks fast travel anywhere. The carpacks you get for free are the "Formula Drift Pack" and the "Welcome Pack". The FD-pack cars are more or less useless, because they have a special drifttuning, which you can't really use in races. The cars from the welcome pack you can also get in the shop.

So the premium edition is basicly only worth when you know you will play the game a lot.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

Don wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:51 pm If RaceMasterDave would not have gifted me the game on Steam i would have waited for a discounted offer on a foreign xbox-store (turkey, brasil or mexico - usually after a couple of months you can buy there the premium edition for around 30 bucks).
you could actually play the basic version with gamepass too, as far as i know thats the cheapest...
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

LOL - Think i'm already getting bored with just about 40+ hours. Have tried playing against others in races and they just disappear into the distance, especially at the start of the race, leave me for dead. So I presume tuning is a must to have any chance.
As regards Anna, all she ever wants to do is send me to take photo in sand storm(thought that was one of the first things I did when the gane started), and never sets a route to any accolates.

Thank you Mr. Dog and Mr. Don for all your feedback.

Only doing the Summit in TC2, still flying in MSFS and have got bored with ETS and ATS. Tried Farming sim, that lasted about 2 hours, its not for me.

Have put on to much weight working from home - hehe :angry-banghead:
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

i know what you mean lol

currently only doing the weekly festival stuff to get the cars and wheel spins.
multiplayer races still do my head in because i get wrecked constantly...

just waiting for the expansions really so i got new stuff to do.
everything else is done like don, well except for 1 or 2 story's that still need
to be done at three stars, but im not in a rush to do that...

for tunes i mostly use those from don joewon song, don b cn, and a few others i know are good since im not that much into tinkering, testing, tinkering for hours to get the perfect tune going.

i did some in fh3 but in fh5 the all wheel drive tunes mostly give me massive understeer
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Have not played this for 4 days, tried again tonight and the map is so small it’s just so boring. Drove a car at 65-70 MPH and took about 25 mins to drive the outer roads all the way round. If they spent more time making a 5 times bigger map then that would be okay. All the events are just repeats. Not for me. Game has lots of bugs, even worse than MSFS and that’s saying something.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.