Really Mad at ETS

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Really Mad at ETS

Post by JustBe »

So my home base garage is in the UK. I slowly work my way across Europe as far as Sicily, then up to Austria. At every destination I make a save, then the last time I start ETS it says dew to a game update you have been returned to a safe place, my home base back in the UK. WTF, will not let me load any of my saves.

I have only played the game off-line, but yesterday I downloaded Project Cars 2 Demo after seeing Luna's post - :violence-rapidfire: - Luna - Only joking.

Must of updated ETS when I started Steam to try the PC2 demo.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: Really Mad at ETS

Post by Don »

Project Cars with keyboard? Have fun :mrgreen:

I don't know anything about ETS but i sometimes noticed also that Steam takes longer in updating stuff than i think. I'm starting Starbound --> CTD --> Restart again --> cryptical errorcode followed by CTD --> waiting 5 minutes --> oh wait i can play.

I'm sometimes considering to turn off automatic updates in Steam. :roll:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

Don wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm Project Cars with keyboard? Have fun :mrgreen:

I don't know anything about ETS but i sometimes noticed also that Steam takes longer in updating stuff than i think.
Project cars with keyboard will be a train wreck lol

Be is right Don, game updates are warned about to mess up save games
for modded games in both ETS and ATS.

For all the years with all the games i have on steam and always having
autoupdate ON i have never had trouble with it... EVER!
Steam is a million times better then all the others (and specially ubiplay and alike)

Edit: If a update took more time it's probably because all the files are coded in a
much compacter size then the original versions.
for example: uplay version of The crew 1 takes 2.3GB of space more then the
steam version.
Steam has always had a high download server tho, i always get up to 29,8mb dl speed so not sure why some if it seems to trouble you lol
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I didn't meant the downloadspeed.

Example: I'm opening Steam, see the updater is working (arguably the workshop updating some mods like Frackin' Universe for Starbound). When i see it's finished i start to play and then i need (sometimes) 3-4 attempts until the game starts.

Overall i like the Steam-system too. That was just an issue i have from time to time that came to mind. ;)
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Okay so its prob my own fault. There is no problem with Staem, but the fact that it updated ETS in the background was a bit sneaky. No doubt if I had purchased a garage in Europe it would have placed me there and not back in the UK.

As regards Project Cars 2 demo it is very difficult to use with the keyboard, not that impressed with the sound of the 3 car types in the demo either.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

JustBe wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 pm As regards Project Cars 2 demo it is very difficult to use with the keyboard, not that impressed with the sound of the 3 car types in the demo either.
Try Automobilista :geek: if they have a demo out (i dunno :doh: )

P.S. Steam has a few options on when and how to do updates (with or without permission)
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I guess Forza Motorsports is manageable with keyboard and still has at least some kind of simulation-character (if you can say so, i know it's not comparable with real simracers).

"Grandma" MSWGR is a good example for keyboard-warrior (or -amazone ;) ) in Forza Motorsports

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Thanks ALL for your input. Will have a look at the suggested sims :text-thankyoublue:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

I agree the forza tittles are better playable with keyboard then
the real sim's like pc, ac, iracing, rfactor and automobilista.

AC = good graphics, good handling, laser scanned tracks, easy to mod
PC = very good graphics, a but less handling, no laser scanned tracks
Iracing = medium graphics, good handling, laser scanned tracks, bring a filled wallet of cash
Rfactor = good graphics, medium handling, easy to mod
Automibilista = very good graphics, best sim handling, epic car sounds, upcoming star

this is a list as how i see them

Forza motorsports 7 is quiet the good simcade-ish racer with nice graphics and car models.
but like all forza tittles they all hang more towards arcade racing then simulation.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

Turning off autoupdates is a solution to prevent Steam from updating a game automatically. But in most cases they don't let you start the game when Steam notices that an update is waiting. Had this a lot times with some message like "a game update is needed to play the game" with the option to download now or cancel game start. So it doesn't matter if you let Steam autoupdate your game or you start the update manually, the result is the same ;)
See you on the road ... and the sea ... and in the air ;) :lol:
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018