Windows 10

Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Windows 10

Post by Ralph68 »

I've read about windows 10 and MS having the ability to spy on us wondering what you all are using if anything to combat this?

Having new gpus' and wanting to take advantage of a DirectX12 supported OS, I'm working on the same just wondering if you are having any troubles running obs, shadowplay, T300rs or any other software for that matter on win10?
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Re: Windows 10

Post by Weena »

Well, it is hard to get around Windows if you like to play games.

For everything else I use https://portableapps.com/

It is an self installing app you have on an USB Stick.

For example, Open office or firefox. You save all your data on the stick where you can keep it save. There are hundreds of programs.

Best thing, when you set up an new PC. You have all your programs and data on the stick, ready to run. Just plug in to any PC.

About Win 10. I have a T500RS and the TH8RS shifter. No Problems what so ever.
Only thing I encountered is that you have trouble to run older Programs and games. And by that I mean really old :doh:
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Windows 10 does connect to MS with all sorts of connections shown on an app I run all the time. I did use SpyBot Anti Beacon but you need to turn it off for updates and Win 10 then sends all the data that Anti Beacon had stopped. There is a MS program that lets you download only the updates you want, but its a real pain to use. Win 10 by default just sends all sorts of crap to MS. You first have to open the Win 10 settings, and go thru every menu and turn them all off, or as many as you can. There are ways to uninstall a lot of the Win 10 programs by using a command prompt, but you would need to search google for the commands. Did have a text file with them all in but can't find it now. One thing that MS does is a real pain, when a new update comes, eg version 1703 to 1809 it saves the old system files on your system drive so you have a choice to go back, but it will not let you copy those files, you can only copy them to a backup image via copy software, but if after 10 days you do nothing them it deletes the files never to be seen again, so no going back - lol

I just let it see everything, can't be bothered to stop them. I did do a childish thing, I put a several files on my system that just said F*** you MS. Never heard from them hehe - lol

My Dad was not amused at all.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

After reading around I've come to the conclusion while those security programs work they tend to be more trouble than they're worth. I've read they can cause other programs to stop working and cause windows update to stop updating. I'll be using 10 for gaming only, surfing and other online business I will use Win7. So for the time being I'll go through 10 settings and turn off all I can and use it as is.

Thanks for the reply guy's :D
Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

and other tips & trickz on his channel ^^