NVIDIA DSR

Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

NVIDIA DSR

Post by Ralph68 »

Hi Guys,
As the title reads - I'm just now checking it out so I'm not sure if it's good or bad yet. :doh:
Have you guys tried NVIDIA DSR ? I'm thinking about giving it a try with my new gpu but I see you have to have nvidia experience installed and I don't have that atm. Maybe I'll give it a try and give shadowplay another go while I'm at it. Input welcome! ;)

EDIT :cn
You don't need Geforce Experience installed. "DSR - Factors" should be there in global when you turn it up the other options activates. (DSR - Smoothness) Just found this out I'm pleased to know I don't need the geforce experience, going to give it a try now. :text-thankyoublue:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: NVIDIA DSR

Post by Don »

I set them up before but WinX reseted all these settings 3 times already after an update and therefore i don't bother with these DSR-factors anymore.

On my old Win7-pc it was pretty useful, because somehow The Crew run better in 2k-res than in FullHD.

btw which program are you using for recording and streaming? I still use Shadowplay, because it is easy to use, does not have that big of an effect on the system (like OBS for instance) and the files have a decent size (in comparison to Fraps or Bandycode for example).
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

I had originally planned on installing win10 but after more reading around about it think I'll stay away from W10 long as I can. I'm using OBS atm, last time I tried shadowplay it didn't work out to good but that was with my old gpu. I may give it another go but OBS is working good for me. :)
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

And i may try OBS again. :D Last time i tried it was on my old PC, and there it caused instantly framedrops in TC1 from 60 to under 30 FPS. Maybe it runs smoother with the new pc and maybe the streamquality then is better.

I just don't like that program, because it's so complicated to setup compared to Shadowplay. There you just map a key, press it and it works.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

Don wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:56 pm I just don't like that program, because it's so complicated to setup compared to Shadowplay. There you just map a key, press it and it works.
And to add to that, there is the possibillty to stream at 1440p60 without even playing at that res :mrgreen:
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

DSR actually works really well for me I ran the ingame benchmark to be sure not to set it to high, keeping the low end in the green. 2351x1323 is high as I can go and I must say it looks really good. :dance: With nothing running in the background and no streaming it runs nice and smooth really great but soon as I start streaming I get a little stutter but only while they're both running. As mentioned above - If you want to stream higher than 1080p you should use obs setting to rescale output size to 1440p or whatever you want your stream res to be. So while you're playing at 1080p you're streaming at 1440p. :)