Hey there. That is me.

You're new around here? Just introduce yourself if you like.
AlexTaylor
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Hey there. That is me.

Post by AlexTaylor »

Hi, my name is Andreas, im from Germany and I currently play The Crew 2.

I played Racing games long ago when i was young, Testdrive II, Stuntcar Racer (Amiga500!), later on some Rallygames, GranTourismo on my first own Playstation etc, then got my first NFS which was Underground 2 which i still have today, played some more NFS and then focused on Medal of Honor, Wolfenstein etc.

Then in 2010 i got NFS Hotpursuit and came to NFS World. This game had a big community and so I stayed there and met lots of new people. But NFS World was very basic aka limited and as someone told me to have a look at TDU2, i ran into the next store and bought a copy :mrgreen:

TDU2 also had a big community and was far more advanced in terms of open world Racing. What i also loved was the stickering system, especially when I got into Texmod which gave better quality and more creativity. I created a Website regarding texmnodding (german!) and funny, its still online= https://tdu2skins.wordpress.com/

TDU2 pics= https://imgur.com/a/5eqtExj

So i played NFS World from 2010-2014, started with TDU2 as of its DLC2 in 2012 and actively played that until The Crew was out. Many of the people I met in NFSW and TDU2 moved over to The Crew because expecations were high. I played the Beta 2 back then, pre-ordered and actively played it until 12-2018.

The Crew 1 pics= https://imgur.com/a/cjDKGD1

Then when the Devs announced The Crew 2, i registered for betatesting and probably since I was betatesting TC1 and Wildrun, they got me in. And so I played that from the first Alpha in dec 2017 until the last open Beta in june 2018. Only missed the second Alpha in march '18 (Techtest 4).

I am honest, I knew TC2 will come out as the Beta with all of its bugs, flaws etc but still i got it some days after launch because i had the 20% discount in the Ubi store. Paid 48 euro instead of 60. So i dismissed all of my collected bonus content i could have gotten with my main Ubi account but who cares...

And so i started like everybody else who didnt play TC1 before, basicly from ground zero :mrgreen: And to be honest again, i stopped playing TC2 as of Gator Rush until late december 2018 because of massive stability problems etc. Some of the stability issues was my software and i got that sorted -but nevertheless, TC2 IS unstable here and there.

It is the same story like TC1, the game has big potential but it has the wrong Devs who ruin the game in some parts because of the way they think whats best to do. But the fact is, i PAID for it and so i WILL play it. It is a great game with good diversity, far more advanced tuning than TC1 even though it centers around grinding your ass off if you want the best performance.

The Crew 2 pics= https://imgur.com/a/AFTMv69

Side adventures= I also tested Win10 and got Forza Horizon 3 in 2017 but scrapped that and will get to Win10 at the end of 2019 with Hardware upgrades then. I also got into Fortnite in 2018 but stopped playing it since I feel this is overrated and over-hyped just like Minecrap. Fun to play but Epic shoots out additions and new features so fast its unbelieveable.

I also couldnt enjoy FH3 in proper graphic details because my Nvidia has not enough memory, that is why i need to upgrade and since win7 support ends next year I upgrade AND switch Windows then at the same time :)

BTW, I know of Donnie since TDU2 times when I was active on tdumods.com. Also other names here are familiar from the TheCrew Forums.

I run a very small Youtube channel where i sometimes upload stuff, now more related to TheCrew 2. I prefer Quality over Quantity so you will not see any 'blabla car customization' videos from me and I wont do speedpaints as i am bad at this. I create videos most others dont do.

Enough text now :angelic-green:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Re: Hey there. That is me.

Post by LCDDOG »

Welkom
:cn
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Welcome to the Forum and welcome in the Cyberdiner Alex.
Thats a really nice intro you wrote. Im happy to have you here. :)
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Welcome on board. :cn nice to have another The Crew legend here. (For those who don't know because it's not mentioned above, probably the driver with the most pvp-races in The Crew.) ...and of course the "Bundeskanzler" of Oahu. :D

I'm sure your knowledge about the games will be a great addition here and will bring some more live back in here. ;)

greetz the Don
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

Another well known name here in the Cruiseanostra Cyber Diner, welcome and have fun :)
See you on the road ... and the sea ... and in the air ;) :lol:
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018