MS Flight Sim 2020

I´m not in the mood for Cars today, Lets play something else....
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

MS Flight Sim 2020

Post by JustBe »

Thought I would try something completely different.
My take-off's are okay, but landings is another thing.
A short clip over Los Angeles airport.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Re: MS Flight Sim 2020

Post by JustBe »

Now I have over 20 hours in this sim its just full of bugs like windows10 v2004

MS is getting even worse than its ever been :angry-banghead:
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

I must have over 750GB of updates to this sim - and it's still full of bugs - could be(is) the worst sim ever made :clap:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

JustBe wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:27 pm I must have over 750GB of updates to this sim - and it's still full of bugs - could be(is) the worst sim ever made :clap:
from what ive seen about it is that it needs a 2080 or better to render all the goodness, but i havent given it a go yet so i cant judge it so far.
what kind of bugs do you run into?
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

LCDDOG wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:26 pm from what ive seen about it is that it needs a 2080 or better to render all the goodness, but i havent given it a go yet so i cant judge it so far.
what kind of bugs do you run into?
No graphics problems as such, plays fine. It's that it closes to desktop, but this seems a common problem depending on the scenery you're flying over, but also has problems with joystick profiles making it freeze. As regards the sim, lots of aircraft instrument problems, some will not work, others not working as they should. lol - the list just goes on, as I said in my other posts the updates just keep coming to try and solve the most common faults, just a joke, I purchased this on DVD to save downloading such a large install but was a total waste of money - £125 - approx $150
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

JustBe wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 pm
I purchased this on DVD to save downloading such a large install but was a total waste of money - £125 - approx $150
that is a lot of cash gone to waste yeah
hopefully they eventually manage to fix it, but it's also
a huge amount of disk space you need, 750 gb on update sjeez
whats the total size of the game on your hd now, close to a TB?
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

As far as I can tell there is about 160GB of files and data. Most of the new updates just over write the previous files.

Forgot to say that I have a RTX3070HC card sitting on my desk since mid Jan waiting to be installed. Don't want to get it wrong so waiting for visit from my Dad, oh Covid what are you doing to the world.

Here is another 23GB update in the last week - lol - I notice now that they have stopped listing all of the fixes and just say Fixed various crashes - haha
For larger image - Right Click Image - Open image in a new tab
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

oh nice, at least you were able to get 1... :text-bravo:

i can get 1 right now, but the price is 1300 euro so not going to bite... :naughty:

160 gb isnt that bad, but a 23 gb update? thats just nuts... :shock:
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Got my RTX3070 fitted a few months back now, good performance increase over the 1080.

Put in a new ssd for games only, then I thought I would do a complete new instal of this Flight Sim - will not update or instal without first loading the original DVD's - 10 of them - that took about 1.5 hours.

Then this:

:angry-banghead:

Then there is about a 20-30GB scenery cache as well when the game is running. This is one monster game.

Edit: That lower update must have been The Crew 2.
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

WoW - the never ending game updates. Just looked at my download logs and now its upto 1.7TB since this game came out :angry-banghead: